Granite precision parallels are available in Laboratory Grade, Inspection Grade or Toolroom Grade. Our high-quality black granite parallels are MADE IN THE China and provide the strongest, most durable and stable surfaces available. Black granite has a heavier density and is made of a finer grain that is less coarse than pink granite. Since granite accessories are often used for moving parts, pink granite tends to flake out in sections and can cause scratching. Black granite parallels are more durable and help to avoid scratching.
These precision tools can be used to elevate work above the surface of a plate so piece parts with shoulders or steps can be quickly and easily inspected among many other uses. These parallels are a matched pair and are provided with either 2 or 4 finished faces. 2-face parallels have the 2 narrow faces finished flat and parallel. The 4-face is the same as the 2-face, except the adjacent side faces are finished flat and parallel as well. They come in either the laboratory grade or inspection grade . Sizes are available from customers' requests.
Selecting a Grade:
When ordering, select Laboratory Grade AA, Inspection Grade A, or Toolroom Grade B.
· Laboratory Grade AA is for high precision operations in temperature controlled environments.
· Inspection Grade A granite parallels are best for general quality control use in final inspection rooms with a CMM.
· Toolroom Grade B is for shop work and production checking out by the machines.
Selecting 2-face or 4-face.
· 2-face parallels are finished on the narrow edges.
· 4-face parallels are finished on the narrow edges and the wide edges.